Bearings in Indonesian means bantalan. In mechanical science bearing is a machine element that functions to limit the relative motion between two or more engine components to always move in the desired direction. Bearings keep the shaft always rotating about the axis of the shaft, or also keep a linear moving component in its always lane.
Bearings can be classified based on the motions allowed by the bearing design itself, based on its working principle, and also based on the force or type of load it can withstand. Here are the types of bearings viewed from various aspects:
1. If based on the friction that occurs in the bearing, the bearing is divided into two types namely :
- Anti-friction bearing : bearings that will not cause friction. Example: roller and ball bearing
- Friction bearing : the working bearings can cause friction. Example: bush and plain bearing.
2. When viewed from the load held by the bearing, the following are the types :
- Journal Bearing : bearing designed to withstand loads that are perpendicular to the horizontal shaft axis.
- Foot step atau pivot bearing : bearing designed on a vertical shaft to withstand loads parallel to the axis of the shaft.
- Thrust bearing : bearing designed to withstand horizontal loads parallel to the horizontal axis.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 2